Web Logos About Stats Life Lists Folks We Love

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Dear Sheppard...Ten Month

Dear Sheppard.


You are now in the double digits, 10 months!  This month you have grown so much. You no longer fit in the same places in my arms that used to. You now want to play and explore and leave the safety of my arms. You don’t need as many snuggles to calm you at night, you are finding your voice and coming into your personality. I miss your little baby fingers, and the way you little head fit so perfectly on my shoulder, however, I love seeing your sense of humor come through and how you love to interact with everyone around you.
You are making so many more sounds. You started to wave and say hi and are pointing at things. You clap your hands and bang them on anything in front of you. You make all these noises that sound like your imitating us talking. There is a new sound that is driving me (and all around you) crazy, you have started this high pitch scream/screech. You do it when you’re eating, when you want to eat, when you want to be picked up, when you’re in the car, when you’re playing, when you can’t reach the ceiling fan…pretty much all the time. I know you are frustrated that you cannot communicate, so I hope all this sign language I’m teaching you helps. 



Recently you started to just stand up on your own. One day I walked into the living room and you were just standing up in the middle of the room not holding onto anything. I think you were as surprised as I was. You have also started to do this hilarious crawl. You keep your back legs straight and do a bear crawl around, as if you don't want your knees to hit the ground. You can go pretty fast that way and it must be a good ab workout! Everyone comments on your bear crawl and how effective it is for you. 



You have started playing a little with your sister. She builds block towers and you knock them over. Sometimes she thinks this is so fun, and some times she gets mad that you knock over her creations. I think this is a pretty accurate picture of your future relationship. You also have had fun hanging out with all the kids in our cul-de-sac and you've even started trying to ride on some of the bikes, scooters, and cars.

This month you have slept great! Most nights you have slept through the night...I could get used to this! You are still taking two naps a day, too bad I can't seem to convince your sister to sleep through the night or nap! You even slept great through our adventures this month. We spent the 4th of July at your Nana and B-Pa's cabin. You had a great time! You loved playing in the dirt (and eating some), watching the fireworks, being held and loved on by all of our family. You also got to try swimming for the first time. I think its safe to say you like the water, time will tell if you will be a water dog like your mama. However, I think your favorite part of the 4th of july weekend was all the watermelon you got to eat!

It is really hurting my heart with how fast time is going, but I am thankful that I have been able to watch you grow a little every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment