Web Logos About Stats Life Lists Folks We Love

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello Hormones

First Picture

Pregnancy…it’s a crazy wild ride. As a first time mom I had no idea all the changes my body would go through. I am not sure why our society is so quiet on pregnancy-- there are so many things I never knew about! My first trimester was pretty easy compared to some. For the most part I just slept the whole 3 months. I definitely slacked on my share of the house work, good thing neither of us cares too much about that! 90% of the time I was a hot mess, I was bloated, had oily skin, never-ending headaches, my body was sore, and I was crying at commercials and lost animal posters.

The second trimester was awesome, I felt amazing and all these great things were happening with my baby. I started to feel her move, and Brian could feel her move too, I think that connected him to her more and it was amazing to just sit in silence with both of our hands on my belly waiting for her to do something. More people could notice that my belly was due to a baby and not a large burrito or overindulgence in a tub of ice cream.  The most exciting part of this trimester was finding out if our baby was a girl or boy. We found out in a special way and though the old wives tales said it would be a boy we found out that we would be having a little GIRL! this made things much more real, to call her a her and connect with her in a deeper way.

'Merica

This third trimester has been an up and down experience. For the most part I felt great. It was an exciting time to really prepare for her arrival, getting her room all together, going to some amazing baby showers for her, taking a child birthing class, and just the overall feeling that I was going to meet my little girl soon! Now that I am less than a week from my due date I am feeling ready to git ‘er done! My body feels like it has taken a beating, no position is comfortable, and there is no room for either of us. But I wouldn’t trade these feelings for anything in the world, I am so blessed to be able to carry a child in my body, it’s an amazing experience and a miracle in itself! Lastly this trimester has left me unable to use my brain (which is not good when your in Grad school). I always thought this was fake, so I repent of my thoughts to the many pregnant women who said they had pregnancy brain and I thought they were making it up...I now understand, and take my punishment in full!

All the hand-me-downs we got!


These last few weeks we have been working on our baby bucket list, doing things that are a little easier with an inside baby before she comes out. We waited in line for the popular breakfast places in Portland, went for long drives, berry picking, spending lazy days watching cheesy Netflix shows, eating out at nice restaurants, going to concerts, staying up late with friends, and just enjoying our last few moments just the two of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment